|Ali Khalil - 3D Artist||
I have now learnt to model and light in max just making a quick scene to demonstrate my skills ofcourse its still in work in progress but its a start
Theres been a lack of updates of late, mainly due to going through a rough time, i've been applying to a lot of games studios, which means I will need to update my portfolio to apply again in the future to game companies to make it as a junior artist. I have been applying to local warehouse or retail jobs but not having much luck but going to keep on trying, in addition I have had 2 interview related to 3d modelling, I did not get the jobs because i did not know 3DS Max. In order to rectify this so this doesn't happen again I have been spending time getting to know 3DS Max. So far I have spent 2 weeks and I now know the basics. I will need to create small scenes in order to show I am capable of using Max.
i have added bevels to the main edges which catch the lighting nicely and help the silhouette the poly count it still low whilst maintaining a good look, next step is UV and then texture!
tri count- 3,670
ive added more polys and fixed some more issues i also added bevels on the main building section on the leading edges to catch the highlights. i also added in a door with some detail which is hard to see from so far out..
ok i have uved this model
and decided from my good mentor Anthony (thank you again!)that the trims need to be baked to save the polycount
which is a very good idea!
now im going to spend the time to create a nice brick base
i have made signifcant changes to the model to a good standard i think ive had the tri count is 2.8k still can get it down lower with verts and and edges that are not needed i.e backfaces
overall this model certainly has a lot of character once its approved im going to uv map and start texturing
as you can see ive got some changes which i need to make to get tha model matching the concept image.
i think the face on the concept image has more of a curve which will also needs to be edited.
here is the initial model which needs adjustments
its about 2k which is all good
here is the concept building i have chosen to model
ok i have added planes for the bottom window tiles which reduces the polygon count, however i have added trims (not finished yet) and they bump up the polygon count,
now i am thinking to maybe leave the window pieces as flat planes thus reducing the polygon count but that would mean i will have to create a unique texture sheet just for the windows (originally i was going to have a tileable texture sheet for the window beams)
im not quite sure at the moment
with the windows modelled polygon count 19k
with the windows as planes = 14.2k
so far the tri count is 25k i think it can go down even further if the bottom tile window pieces are normal mapped
, now need to sort of some pieces and begin uv process then weld the the verts, more details like trims and doors can be modelled later right now i want to get this main piece uved asap